I'm trying to decide if I should tell my parents and/or best

I'm trying to decide if I should tell my parents and/or best friends about my self harm. I feel like it would be good to talk about it, but I don't want to worry them. I'm also concerned having my parents worry about me will just stress me out more. Advice?

1 Heart

I think you should tell someone that you trust and or someone that does it themselves and maybe you guys can work it out together : )

1 Heart

@CuteGirl1 I don’t know anyone else who does it themselves. The only person who knows is my therapist, but I’m tired of feeling like I’m lying to everyone in my life.

@CuteGirl1 Ok. Nice to meet you.

@CuteGirl1 I’m a girl. Little bit older than you.

Four years.
I'm not comfortable putting my real name up

Ok, hi

Oh ok

This is all good. Now you both have someone you can confide in while you support each other and decide whether you can let your parents in on this. Can I make one suggestion to help each other mutually. When you get to know each other a little better, if it works out... Both make a promise to each other that will help you and help each other. Not the promise that everyone makes "I will not cut" or "If you cut I cut." Those just don't work. Just make this simple little promise "If I feel the urge to cut I will do everything in my power to get in touch with you and let you help talk me out of it." What do you both think?