In 10 days I will have gone sugar free for 2 months. Yesterd

In 10 days I will have gone sugar free for 2 months. Yesterday was Halloween and I think for the first time ever since I was born I went without sugar. I just walked by the candy and asked myself if I wanted any of it and the answer is not NO but Hell no. I watched a bunch of Youtube videos on the dangers of sugar and I think I have it in my brain loud and clear about staying completely off of it. Today I put on my shorts that I could not wear for the last 5 years, and I think I can finally wear a decent size bra. The best part about going sugar free is that I can really get full fast and that I feel very satisfied after I eat, when I was eating sugars I was always hungry and never satisfied. I also cannot drink a full cup of tea now since I am sugar free where as before I would have 2 large cups. Today I opened a box of cheese crackers, made with no sugar of course and ate too many of them. Nice things about sugar free is that the weight does not come pounding back real fast. Best decision I have ever made was to go sugar free. I just need the strength to continue hopefully for the rest of my life.

3 Hearts

YAYAY so proud of you halloween is so hard for all of us and I am glad you made it through this. Keep moving forward watergirl you can do this.

1 Heart

Thank you. Only 8 more days and I have gone 2 months. Nice thing about going sugar free is that I eat anytime I want and how ever much I want. Weight is slowly coming off but it is steadily coming off. If I could give up the sugar free almond butter then I could start to lose the weight. One pound a week is ok with me. Thank you Jennipain for your encouragement.

1 Heart

@Shechan SPAM

Watergirl81, thank you for your post. Today is my first day in this group and I feel motivated after reading your post! I really like the fact that you mentioned watching YouTube videos on the dangers of eating sugar. I'm so going to do that. I know that will really help hit home for me. What about fruit? I've heard so many people tell me that your body will still crave sugar if you eat fruits. I want to get back to juicing regularly, and I juice with a combination of fruits & veggies. But I also want to make sure that I can kick this whole "sweet" craving, so I don't know if I should avoid fruits or not. Have you discarded fruits, or do you consider natural sugars ok?

1 Heart

Hi BlueOnyx, I am so happy that my post helped you. I eat fruit sugar in it's natural state. I am level 3 sugar free which means I still eat fruits. Level 4 is No sugar not even fruits. I do not juice anymore, I gained too much weight with juicing. I got into it heavy with fruits and vegetables and even got addicted to fresh carrot juice. I could not make it through my day without carrot juice. 6 more days to go and I have made it 2 months. Going sugar free is going to change your life in a drastic way. I do not go out to eat because of the hidden sugars in all the foods. I will be visiting my mother in another state in a few weeks and not sure how being on the road is going to work. I may have to pack all my food with me. After listening to Youtube I hear a lot of food places lie about added sugars. BlueOnyx glad you joined this group and I would love to walk this sugar free journey with you.

1 Heart

@watergirl81 Thanks for the support! Wow, I can totally see how juicing can become addicting, so I guess I should watch out for that. I too love carrot juice because of its sweet flavor. I preferred juicing only because it was my sure way to get my daily dose of fruits and veggies… I guess I should just eat them fresh the way nature intended.
Also, congrats to you in being so close to your 2 months free of sugar! What an awesome accomplishment! Keep up the great work! And be strong during your travels!