In about 1 week, it will be the 1 year anniversary of my spo

in about 1 week, it will be the 1 year anniversary of my spouses infidelity.
as this month starts...every day is a trigger....i see emails...dates... think of what i was doing...what she said she was doing....

and i start to feel just like i did the first few weeks after disclosure.

is the anniversary effect real...or am i just making myself miserable?

2 Hearts

It's real indeed. I just passed the 2 year anniversary and it was just as painful as last year. I know my therapist says try to avoid the triggers - easier said than done. Hang in there!

I just passed year one and have been wondering what my problem is. I'm glad to know it's normal. Are you saying it happens every year? Eff that.

2 Hearts

Discovered 12/22/14 and each day it's getting worse as the one-year anniversary approaches. Triggers everywhere. Yes, it's like being right back there. You are not alone.

I think what you are going through is very normal. Perhaps this time next year - you can look back on this year with different feelings and emotions - far better ones if you are reconciling in a positive manner. These are triggers that cannot be avoided - but perhaps - in time - you will have learnt new coping strategies so that they don't become major setbacks in the future years. But one year on and feeling what you do I think is very normal....

From Romantic Relationships to Cheating & Infidelity