Interested

Interested

Hey there welcome to SG! This is a great place to give and get support. when you feel comfortable we would love to hear a bit more about you. We are here for you.

1 Heart

Im a bilateral amputee. Have been for 3 years . Im just stuck at home n bored

Oh I know all about being stuck at home and bored. I crushed my foot and was in a cast for nine months. I wasn't allowed to be up except to transfer to wheelchair. The plan was to have multiple surgeries over 3-5 years in hopes to save my foot but there were no guarantees. After being down for so long I knew I couldn't endure years so I ekected to have the BKA. I had a few setbacks and spent nine months waiting for my limb to heal. Netflix and books became my escape as visits from friends were fewer and farther apart.
I'm in my first prosthetic now and working with a physical therapist learning to walk I. It. I still can't bear full weight on it but I am getting stronger.

How did you lose your legs? Are you above knee or below? Do you have prosthetics? Are you walking?
There are so many bilateral amputees that are walking and leading amazing lives.
Where are you from? I'm in California, USA. Its 2:30am. I'm going to try to get some sleep. I have PT tomorrow. It's hard work but I want to walk without the walker so bad so I give it everything I have. I'll check back in tomorrow.

@browneyedgirl1960 alright im a 30 yr diabetic with other health issues. Its abk and bk how do I fill out a profile. Hope pt went ok today

Hello just joined. I am also an amputee. It's not easy but it is doable. My profile isn't up yet but will be tomorrow wayoutwilly

1 Heart

PT was hard work today but I'm happy to do it. I can tell im getting stronger and walking more.
To edit your profile, click on edit profile and you will be able to add a little about yourself and upload a picture if you want.
I am diabetic too but I had gastric bypass and no longer on medication.
Does your doctor think you will be able to get prosthetics? I hope so. You're so young. I'm 54 and so desparetly want my life back. I'm ready to get out there and kick @$$!

Im looking forward to seeing your profile, Willy and learning more about you.

@browneyedgirl1960 I live in Kentucky but I am a transplant from Oregon.have been an amputee for about seven years.