Introducing myself

Hi everyone
I am new to this community of support.
I am a 36 year old mother of 1 who has struggled with anorexia, bulimia, and major body image issues since i was 11. I have been stable I recovery since i became pregnant with my daughter in 2003, but am relapsing now due to major life stress both positive and negative. I have a great deal of knowledge and sometimes wisdom about eating disorder recovery, but am struggling with the very loud inner voices of my eating disorder. I hope i can offer support as well as receive some here. I want to be free of this for good and be a positive role model for my daughter and my three nieces. Since i come from a family of three girls and all of us as well a our mother have struggled with eating disorders, this is a major challenge i am setting forth for my own complete recovery.
Thank you, myhsthe

Hello Myhste and welcome to support groups. Thank you for sharing a bit of your story/struggles with us, I know dometimes it can be hard to open up. Please feel free to browse through older posts and see if any of them relate to you :)

Welcome to the group! I just joined this week as well. So glad we're here to help each other through this. I'm 31-years old and a mother of two. Been struggling since I was 14 on and off. It's good to hear your story as well :) Hang in there! We'll get through this together! :)

I have been struggling with all of this on and off since i was 11. I actually was doing pretty well while pregnant and nursing my daughter, but as she weaned my eating disorder and other self harm thoughts have regained power. So now as she is growing up i seem yo be relapsing very badly and i desperately want to fully heal in order to be fully whole. I want to be a good role model to my daughter and other young girls in my life. Yet i am afraid because to some degree my eating disorder has been a part of my psyche for most of my life and i do not know my mind or my body as an adult without it. My current therapist and i are working on helping me find new ways to cope with stress, instead of restriction and various forms of purging not to mention diet pill abuse and other self harm thoughts and behaviors. I accepted a new job this summer and my daughter and i relocated very quickly, this very positive life stress has plunged me into a spiral psychologically resulting in me being behaviorally relapsed for the first time in 8 years. I am having urges to tKe actions i have not taken in over 15 years. Some how i hope to be able to give and receive reL support to one another to fully beat this horrible thing.

Welcome and so glad you joined! I'm new too so maybe we can stumble around together!

I'm glad you're here! Hope you find something here to help you recover! I know talking about it helps. So proud of you for seeing a therapist. Something I'm still fighting within myself to do. But we've taken steps into talking about it! To me, that's what's important is we're one step closer in beating this! Hang in there! We're here for you!