Is anyone else terrified about the Easter holidays? I will b

Is anyone else terrified about the Easter holidays? I will be home from work for 8 days and I'm terrified of feeling lonely and contacting my Narc (this will be in two weeks btw). I have no family nearby (they are in another country) and I can't possibly be with my friends all these days so I'll be feeling lonely for sure. I also thought about going on a trip but I can't leave (and dont wan't to actually) my kittens alone so I'd really like some tips on how to handle the situation. For me loneliness is so painful, overall during the holiday period in which everyone is with their families.... Any tips on how to cope/keep busy so I can start preparing ahead?
Thank you very much.

1 Heart

I'm on an emotional roller coaster... my mood keeps doing 180° turn.. I feel my stomach upside down.

1 Heart

@Lesknil I will be alone not only for Easter but also for my birthday. Please don't be terrified. I am not. I am actually looking forward to it. Somehow he always managed to hurt me (emotionally) on a holiday. I actually have his ham in my freezer. I am thinking about dropping it off with his father. Because other than a few more items of business we have to settle prior to divorce, I am hoping we can do this without actually seeing or speaking to each other. BUT...if we must - I will practice gray rock.

1 Heart

@zee4ward Dear, I wish you good luck with taking care of whatever it is that you have to settle prior to the divorce. I’m sure you can handle it. I hope you don’t mind me joking about this, but I’m pretty sure that if it was me I’d eat the whole ham on my own. I love honey glazed ham. I hope i’m not offensive.
Also, are there any activities or hobbies that you enjoy doing alone? Because I just find it incredibly hard to enjoy spending time alone. I get bored and I feel empty and just dread it. I do yoga and I enjoy cooking and there are a few things that I enjoy doing but on my own I just feel…empty. Maybe you have some suggestions? Thank you.

LesknilI understand exactly how you feel. I am retired so I have a lot of time on my hands. I was totally devastated when he said he was leaving. Then the sad - hell began for me. All the hopes, dreams, he crushed my love. I can tell you that you have to build a life for yourself. Maybe you can't start until you're feeling a bit better. To start, take care of yourself, proper eating, sleeping, hygiene. Take care of your surrounding, your home, vehicle. Get outside even if it is just to take a walk. Find some support groups, read, find a church and attend regularly. Some churches have various types of groups you can join. Get out into the community; I've joined a local club that has many activities and does much for the community. You have to look for things to fill your life. It is very important to get a hobby; something you really enjoy doing.

2 Hearts

@mmadwaite it’s funny that you mention support groups because just today I called and will be going to a sort of CODA soon. I’m actually pretty glad to meet other people in situations like mine. It is a bit far from home but that’s okay!
Also I will be cleaning up my house from bottom to top. My narc didn’t believe in cleaning often (and I quote: “its not necessary to clean the toilet more than once per month, you are a clean freak”) and he didnt want me to clean either because if I had time to do something unnecessary as cleaning then I could make lunch/other chore for him instead and he would just scold me. I will be taking care of my home now.
Also being retired it must be pretty hard to find a way to kill time, I hope you have family or friends nearby.
Tha.k you for the support

As far as traveling, look for a kennel that takes cats... my ex-wife and I did that once or twice.

1 Heart

For lonliness, try to keep busy! Go grocery shopping, play with your cats, start a new Netflix series or two, go to the movies, hang out with friends if you can, and you could even have a sleepover with one of them (lol) sleepovers arent just for kids!
You can also go for walks, draw, paint, read, write bad poetry, start a novel, clean your house, go to the library, go to a park, a candy store, the zoo, a new coffee shop, take pictures of the cherry blossoms if the're blooming for you as well. Just keep busy and make a list of the things and places you've been meaning to do for a while. This is a break after all. Try to have fun. Try not to think about your narc or anything. Maybe delete their number?? Have your friend confiscate your phone??
best of luck!

2 Hearts

@just-peachy I will definitely try doing these things. I very much like the idea of going to take pictures of the cherry blossoms. They are so very beautiful right now. I think I could try to write his phone number on a piece of paper and give it to a friend (for emergencies) and then delete his number from my phone!
Thank you for the support!

It's easy to classify a person as a narcassist according to google...actually it seems just about everyone has some narc in them. Just by reading ur comments I take it you are still hung up on ur narc. It's ok it happens. It will take time for you to get over him or you may just stay around complaining the whole time. He's probably a sociopath as well right. Don't Google things. Just get real...if you don't want him in ur life say bye...if he has something you want...like money etc..keep him around till you have ur fill or he dumps you.

From Substance Abuse to Narcissist Abuse & Trauma