Is anyone here writing a book, or has written one. I know t

Is anyone here writing a book, or has written one. I know that's a super odd question, but i am writing one called "i hope this reaches him in time" and it focuses on the struggles that i have witnessed, my male partners, and brothers have had. I personally grew up with all guys and know that they tend to not want to reach out for help due to the stigmatism over males going for mental health help. Does anyone have any stories that they would be comfortable sharing, Or any advice on writing as a teen.

1 Heart

Hi,
Welcome to SupportGroups! I personally have never written a book, but do write alot. I write in pieces...some of the stuff i have written is posted on here in my previous if you like to read them. Sometimes i can hear a song and it triggers an emotion that brings me to a place where i can write a story using that raw emotion. My experience is to be authentic...the heart is our best story teller. I personally have battled severe mental health illness for most of my life. It's so true when it comes to males and mental health. I feel it at times myself that i will never be able to live up to that status quo being ill. This was compounded by the fact im gay which made it harder. I have story that im willing to share if you like. Hugs and happy to have you here! Inspiring! :)

1 Heart

@SeeingBeyondDarkness Hi yes i would love to share your story, i grew up with all guys and watched them battle mental illness my whole life, and watched them suffer because no one but me heard them, and at the time i didn’t know how to help. and after 4 four years of learning and only having two female friends i learned to write. If you want to please message me your story and anything you’ve ever wanted someone to know.