Is it normal to feel sad? They removed my tumour (and the af

Is it normal to feel sad? They removed my tumour (and the affected location) and now i wait to see if they got it all next week. Everyone has this "they got it, move on" attitude, but im struggling with the post op wound and only having the one.. you know...
Everyone i know is treating me like i had my tonsils out and my closest ones are saying that the people ive seen every day for 2 years dont know me well enough so i should be happy they are thinking about me
I dont know what im even aiming for here, all i want to hear is that I lost a huge part of me and that i have a right to be sad..

If you have gone through the surgery, how long did it take you to get used to the feeling 'downstairs'?
Thanks.

1 Heart

Hi Fellow. I read your story. You do have a right to be sad. You have a right to take as much time as you need to grieve your former self and to have time to heal and recover. It’s a huge deal. I’m so sorry that you had to go through this in the first place. It sounds horrifying. I wish that you had a better support system. I hope you get to feeling better soon. If you ever want to talk give me a holler.

1 Heart

Your feelings are valid! you went through something difficult and lost a part of you. Take your time, give yourself time to heal. And again your feelings are valid! wish you the best and i hope you feel better!

Sorry for not replying quickly, I am just finding it hard to achieve anything.
Thank you for your supportive messages. But i feel worse than before. Does anyone have any tips to make me feel better? Video games make me feel lazy. And not taking care of my own makes me feel worse. Im conflicted.

1 Heart