It's been 6 months since my boyfriend passed away; and righ

It's been 6 months since my boyfriend passed away; and right after he died I adopted his cat. Well this week the cat died also because it got kidney disease.
Now I very angry and not feeling gratitude or happy this season. My heart has been broken twice with death. People tell me its normal to feel like this, yet lately I don't feel normal. The holidays are going could be impossible.

Give yourself ample time to mourn both deaths. The holidays are completely irrelevant, especially with what you're dealing with. You don't have to feel the need to be happy during the holidays, simply because society looks upon the holidays as a happy occasion. Hell as soon as November hits, I usually get depressed until April. Give yourself time. Nothing else matters

Thanks. I'm trying to be strong for my son who of course lost his daddy and kitty. I've heard the saying 'fake it until you make it.' Words to live by for now.

2 Hearts

Anger, hurt, guilt fear desperation are all part of the healing cycle of grief I lost my son many years ago and for years I did not know how to deal with it instead of facing it I turned to drugs and alcohol to cover the pain and anger i was feeling the loss will always be there but you will find ways of dealing with it i promise everything you re feeling is perfectly normal and part of the grief cycle

From Mental & Physical Abuse to Grief & Loss