I've been in a relationship with a narcissistic drug addict

I've been in a relationship with a narcissistic drug addict for a year bow and I'm going insane. Constantly worried bout him doing drugs or him hurting himself. He says his drug addiction is my fault. I fed him and he calls me names. And I still want him to be okay. His words really get to me. I feel shame but also I feel like I've done everything I can

1 Heart

Welcome to SG! Narcs won't change. Narcs with an addiction can be worse. They hide behind it and use it to excuse their behavior. You can't help someone that doesn't want help or doesn't see what is wrong with their behavior. You need to get out. Join us in the narc group

1 Heart

Aww no. :( I feel so sad that someone is hurting you. Remember that you're the most important person in your life. I know you care about him and want him to be better, but that is his choice. You have to feel better too. Someone putting blame and guilt on you is not okay behavior. It's destructive to your growth. I hope you find the courage to stand up for yourself, even though you've put so much effort into this person. maybe you have done everything you can, and when you can't help anymore, you can move on...

1 Heart

@tearsofjoy its just the worry. If he is eating or drinking water. Worry about his mental health. It replays over and over in my head like a record. Why can’t he get out of my head