I've had BDD for 10+ years and would love to talk

I'm a 22 year old guy and have suffered from BDD for 10+ years. I've seen many psychiatrists, therapists etc. I've researched BDD through and through. I decided to go online and join a support group and would love to talk if anyone is interested.

[email protected]

Thanks guys,
James

I really have no idea about anything about your disorder but I would be up for talking. Welcome to the site. I just joined earlier today and it's been great. We can talk on here or you could send a message on here as well. I hope you find the support you need!

hey james, welcome to the site!! and well done for reaching out on here, you'll find loads of like minded people, as sad as that may sound. but support is guaranteed :-)

so how has your BDD been affecting you in your life then?

love
maedi

I'm not sure what you mean by BDD, but am interested and would like to talk. I too have been in and out of therapist and psychiatrists for 5 years. And to be honest I don't think it has gotten me anywhere. But i suffer from many disorders and maybe in some sick way we will be able to conect somehow. In other words I'm here for you. I don't know you, but I love meeting new people. I just recently joined the site a few days ago and am still learning my way around. Well enough of me, what about you?

i mean what is bdd like for you? it's hell for me, sometimes i don't even want to go outside. once i stayed back from activity because i ate something and thought i had gained 10 pounds right then and there. idk if it's the same for you or how it works for you, but my ed takes a big role in it too.

I would love to chat about what you are going thru... I know I am struggling big time and I dont see myself like anyone else says they see me. This is the hardest thing to try to explain to people because I cant seem to find anyone around me who sees this as a real thing

I too don't see myself as others see me... i can't accept compliments because i think, or my brain is wired to tell me there all lies...