I've never posted about my HPV before, so I'm not sure where

I've never posted about my HPV before, so I'm not sure where to start, but I'm really hoping that joining this support group will help me connect with people who are going through something similar to what I'm going through. About 2 years ago, I was diagnosed with CIN II after an abnormal pap smear. I was thankfully able to clear CIN around May of 2021, but I still have HPV. I feel a lot of shame and fear around it, and I'm scared that I'll never be able to be in a relationship again if the HPV doesn't clear. I haven't told any of my friends that I have HPV because I'm so worried that they'll think of me differently, and going through this alone has been hard. Some days I feel really down and hopeless about it, and other days I'm positive and hopeful that I will clear HPV. I recently got another pap smear as a routine check-up, and since the HPV is still there, I have to go in for a colposcopy soon. I'm really nervous about it, and I just wish the HPV would clear already.

Why the shame, a good portion of the world has HPV, which is why the time and money went into making a vaccine. We are here for you. Hugs!

@CKBlossom thank you! I definitely blamed myself for a long time, but I’m working on feeling less ashamed. And knowing how common it is does help. I got the vaccine when I was younger, but I must have a strain that the vaccine doesn’t protect against. I appreciate your reply :slight_smile: