I've really had enough today. Suffering so much mentally and

I've really had enough today. Suffering so much mentally and healthwise. Had depression for 20 yrs with anxiety and ptsd. Now been diagnosed with borderline pd. Heart disease and at mo severe anemia. Should be in hospital but my dog is poorly and hes all I've got. I got no family, 1 friend. My partner and I split 1 wk before Xmas. I've had enough. No one to talk to. No one to turn to :,(

3 Hearts

lots of hugs and support to you. I am glad you are here with us, this is a great place to give and get support.

1 Heart

@jewelskeg - You have friends here. We are here to talk and you can turn to us. This site has been a lifeline for me at times and I want to say I am glad you found us. Big hug!

1 Heart

Thankyou for your kind words and support. I definitely need help with accepting I've got bpd at the moment. I cant quite get my head around it although I have thought for awhile I may have it but when you hear it it changed me. I'm scared I'm never going to find the 'real' me again. I'm in a darkness that's engulfed me. Seeing my psychiatrist on Thurs so hopefully get mood stabilisers. But really struggling. My partner left me because of it a week before Xmas so that's broken my heart. Want to end it most days but I've got my little fella Beau (dog!) he's my life,he's all I've got. He keeps me going and hopefully I can make some friends on here who actually understand. Thankyou x

1 Heart

@Jewelskeg. We do understand here. And I want to say welcome to you and your dog, Beau. When I got diagnosed with BPD I felt helpless at first, but over time I realized I could start on the road to recovery. We are all here in this group helping each other deal with this and I am so glad you found us and are now part of our group. hugs

I'm here if you ever need anyone to talk to.

1 Heart

Have you ever tried DBT therapy? I too am borderline and have PTSD. The Dr's didn't want to work with me anymore and was going to put me in the state hospital until an organization called Lehigh Valley ACT took me and had me involved with this kind of therapy. It was super helpful.

1 Heart

@RaeofSunshine13 This type of therapy helped me a lot. I haven’t taken any medication for years and have been doing so much better. I felt out of sorts Christmas Eve and was able to turn it completely around and the rest of the day was great. I really don’t think pills are the answer to me. The last therapist I had started up on that crap, pushing those old pills and all they do is make me feel bad. I got up and excused myself from her office and haven’t spoken to her since. I told her from the very beginning I was NOT going to take any of that crap and I meant it. It does nothing but monkey with my sleep patterns, make me jittery and cranky, and the withdrawals coming off that crap are awful. I swear by DBT.

I get the whole medication thing too...right now the dr has me on meds for bipolar...I don't know if they are doing anything or not, but it is not harming me like depression medication was. That stuff made me so angry, more suicidal, depressed and drained. If they put you on the wrong stuff it can make for a bad experience. Meds can help, but they don't fix everything. DBT gives you life long skills to use

1 Heart

I hadn't really heard of DBT but have just read about it and it sounds very helpful. I'm on all sorts of meds but Dr's,psychiatrists have to be careful what they give me due to having a bad heart condition. Also on pain meds and blood meds. I will mention it to psychiatrist but here in England it's awful the way patients with mental health problems are treated. We are just left to cope on our own. I'm just so low right now,can't see any way out of this darkness that has totally engulfed me. I cant work due to osteoarthritis and am so lonely and lost. I have social anxiety and can't really go out so joining groups locally is out of the question. Don't think there's any of the 'real' me left. Stressed 24/7. Thanks for the advice.

Mental health care is not good in the US either...it's sad really...I do hope they have something like DBT to help you. I have social anxiety too...it's hard to get out into group setting, but it is possible