Just need to clarify..when people say they are codependant

Just need to clarify..when people say they are codependant...what exactly does it mean , thnx ☺

Iin precise terms codependency was found in relationships with addictions. The term has since been used in a more broad term to better understand the relationship where a person feels the need to stay in an abusive relationship, or develops certain patterns in relationships. What does the group think?

1 Heart

The person who is codependent tends to enable the person with the addiction in some way shape or form..

1 Heart

Codependent was what I was with the narcissist. He became my world I couldn't do anything with out him. I neglected people for him I practically lived in his house but he encouraged it. If I didn't be around him he would guilt me. It hurts so much when he tossed me away like a burger King cup and hasn't spoken to me in almost 2 months. :(

The personalities of codependent and Narcs are like jig-saw puzzle pieces, they are a perfect match. The narc only thinks about himself and what he wants and the codependent is always caring for others and putting herself last. It seems like the perfect setup until the narc either discards the codependent for a new source of supply or the codependent is in so much pain she leaves.

So pretty much we become dependent on them for the things that a relationship is suppose to be about ( love. Support etc) and they become dependant on us for supply and only supply ? Any ideas on this

1 Heart

Narcs take and take, the more we give the more they want. They drain us dry. They take until we can't give anymore and then they move on to new sources of supply. They are never satisfied. They are looking for someone to give them something they can't get for themselves, they have no peace. They are constantly looking for supply.Even when you think they are only with you they are out scouting new sources, testing the waters, see who they can hook into their web.

2 Hearts

You just described my last three years.

1 Heart

Codependent: I need you to depend on me.

1 Heart