Just went to my first Emotions Anonymous group meeting. It w

Just went to my first Emotions Anonymous group meeting. It was really weird. You can tell your story, but no one can comment or offer support. I left their feeling lonely and empty. Had a major panic attack on the way home. Called my daughter who says she's too busy to deal wth me. Call my therapist she said. Which isn't an option at 8:30pm on a Friday. The therapist's voicemail is like any others stating if you are having a mental health emergency, please hang up and dial 911. Yeah, that helps. Sometimes you just want someone to talk to. Friends and family seem to run for he hills when you are having a crisis. Tried the ex girlfriend. She doesn't want anything to do with BPD. Ex wife is saying not my problem. Parents say, sorry we weren't the best parents.

1 Heart

How were you able to work through your panic in the end?

Finally ended up talking to a friend on the phone. However, people tend to keep their distance. Counting my breathing helps too. Right now I'm just trying to get through each day without having a panic attack or crying. I'm a 51 year old male and I feel like a child. This blanket of sadness and depression is smothering me. I'm reading a lot of books about BPD to understand it. However, I'm not sure if this is helping or just making me more depressed about it.