Last night I began to scratch my thigh till it was red and h

Last night I began to scratch my thigh till it was red and hurting. Then today I got into a fight with my mother and began to scratching at my wrist; I did it in three areas. I'm not sure if this is a form of self harm but I feel so upset with myself after I finish scratching. There has been to other cases when I have done this but it was small and not as hard as these past scratches have been. I promised my mom I would never self harm but she's broken a lot of promises to so part of me doesn't see the wrong...

1 Heart

I consider this type of scratching as self harm, but really you should never justify yourself to self harm because your mom has broken her promises. Once you start it's a really hard habit to break. Find some other way of dealing with the stress of your fights with your mom. Maybe use rubber bands as bracelets to snap as a way to trick yourself. Hopefully this is insightful! Be the bigger person

1 Heart

It doesn't really matter if you promise that to your mom, and then make excuses about it, you should promise yourself, and there's nothing wrong with loving your self or giving yourself presents as reward of achieving that promise. Do it for you and not for your mom at all.

1 Heart

Yes it is still self harm.. make a promise to yourself rather than to her if that would help you not do it. I feel like it is an excuse to self harm when we say oh well they break promises. Take responsibility for yourself you are the one hurting yourself. I'm sorry if that sounds mean that's not how I wanted it to sound. I am here for you though I know how life can suck and that release of pain there makes you feel better... it doesn't really its just a lie we tell ourselves... try not to do that anymore it can lead to other worse things... it always does..

1 Heart

@pinkmermaid don’t worry it didn’t come off as mean at all. They all burn like hell today so I’ll try to not do it as much

lol I guess me and vale are like minds ^_^

1 Heart

*hugs*

1 Heart