Lately, I wonder if I have problem. I have been drinking alm

Trigger warning,…Lately, I wonder if I have problem. I have been drinking almost every day for most days only 1 to 2 drinks per day. I think I’m self medicating. I think there’s drink for every occasion. Champagne for celebration, mimosas for brunch and social interaction, wine and beer for food pairing, hard liquor for dealing with life’s troubles… I’m kind of confused when it becomes problem? What do you think?

Ummmm, Sounds like a case of Wendy Williams to me. Any sober houses near by? Perhaps a nurse, someone to check in and over see you on weekends maybe... What you think?

1 Heart

@DearPeace historically I deal with things on my own likely will not seek help from other people not even physician,… I am trying to find psychiatrist/psychologist that I identify with at moment

@Foundlove Okay, you would know better than I, how that will best workout for you. I like the idea that your trying, and I know you'll find a psychiatrist/psychologist whom you can be comfortable and identify with. That will help with shorting it all out.

1 Heart

@DearPeace I may look into aa meeting nearby. I have actually gone to one in past for school years ago. I’m not sure if they are still going on due to pandemic. I have to find an open one if I do bc some are closed meetings. I’m trying find better psychologist at moment. I just feel strange if I do go to an aa meeting when I haven’t decided I have problem yet lol. Probably I have to just stop n quit buying altogether, but actually I’ve tried like only drinking on weekends n it’s not working out. I think it’s because of my anxiety lately. Thank you for support!

It does sound very concerning to me. I think you are concerned as well or you wouldn't be asking about it. I believe its become a problem but of course it's up to you if you want to do something about it. You could look up your nearest AA meeting and call to find out when and where they have meetings. It's a great place to meet new people and people that really understand and can offer you guidance and support.

2 Hearts

@Littleturtle1000 ok thank you