Lately I've had trouble falling asleep. I lay there for the

Lately I've had trouble falling asleep. I lay there for the longest time before I do. I've never really been a great sleeper and have had insomnia before. Sometimes it's falling asleep no problem and waking up after just a couple hours or so and not being able to get back to sleep properly.

I think, no, I know what's doing it now. Too much anxiety. I have so much to do before winter sets in again. Yep, that's months yet but I'm worrying already. It's just me. I have to order winter pellets. Before I do that I need to build a shed for them. I have to fix a leak in the roof. I have to fix a leak under the kitchen sink. I have to take an old dryer out and put a new one in (it's been on my porch since last summer!). I'm a procrastinator and don't know how to stop, Is there a group for that? lol

I have to replace a bathtub tap. I worry about going out in public. Dread it actually. I worry about money. I'm a worrier. I can't seem to turn my mind off. I want to go to bed and sleep because that's when I'm not thinking but I don't want to go to bed because I can't fall asleep and think too much.

I didn't even bother going to bed last night (it's now 3:41 a.m.) I decided to just avoid the whole not falling asleep and tossing and turning. Maybe it will make me sleep tonight!

I've done yoga nidra. That works sometimes. I've tried every natural supplement, nothing really helped. I tried my mom's sleeping pills, no luck there either. What works for you? Any suggestion is welcome :)

The conventional way didn't work for me. What I did was meditate and learn about myself. Understanding the subconscious things that are keeping me up at night. My sleep is still ****, but it has definitely improved since last year.

@sleeping I’ve never tried meditating although I did look into it once. I guess it either didn’t appeal to me or my sleep wasn’t bad enough to try, lol. I didn’t go to bed until after 7 yesterday morning. It didn’t help me sleep any better. I got about 4 1/2 crappy hours. And here it is almost 1 a.m. and I’m still up. I hate it when I turn my days and nights upside down. I got out of that bad habit and do not want to get into it again.