Lexapro and Ativan Anyone on it or know about it?

Just started taking two new meds...Lexapro and Ativan. I was wondering if anyone else here has had any experience with either medications? If so could someone tell me a little about them?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Hope everyone has a blessed weekend.
Happy Halloween as well.
Hugs,
Lily

Hi Lily,
I read your post and I was on Lexapro. Lexapro is a medication used for depression. I have been on Lexapro for quite sometime and I did really well on it. I felt alot better and had less depression.
I hope that helps answer your question, if you have anymore just ask :).

Thanks Shadow,
It is day 4 now and I have been on it and they said it would not be noticed for at leaast 1 to 2 weeks, however, I can already tell it is helping.
Thanks so much for your reply.
Hugs,
Lily

Lily,
Great ! I am so happy to hear that you are recieving results :).
Yes I was told the same thing that I wouldnt notice a change for at least a week or two but after a few days I started seeing results.
I am so happy for you that it is working.
Hugs,
Shadow
Happy Halloween to you also :)

Hi, Lily. I was just searching information - you can read it yourself in WIKIPEDIA. Translated from the medical lenguage what I got was: Lexapro has side effects like sleep problems, digestive problems and ie moderately addictive. When you stop it you will probably have withdrawal simptoms. Ativan on the other side is highly addictive with some irreversible side effects between them memory loss for some events. That's why this drug has criminal use and isn't recomended to take more than 2-4 weeks. When you stop it, one of the withdrawal simtoms is depression anew. Go and read it in whole. Have a peacefull day.M.K.

Oh great, more depression, ugh. Hope I do not get any of those side effects that would really suck. Thanks for checking for me and relaying it to me. I will check it out for myself and maybe suggest a different anxiety medicine when I go back to the doctor for my follow-up visit.
Thanks again and have a great day.
Lily

I didnt have any of those problems taking Lexapro at all and I was on it for over 6 months, I have been off Lexapro for over a year and I still have had no problems what so ever.
Wikipedia is not a very reliable source b/c other people place the information in there, the best place Ive found that is reliable is WebMd.com.
Everyone has diffrent view points, but I know for certain b/c I have taken the drug that I personally didnt have any of those symptoms.
Thanks

Thanks Shadowsknow for your reply and for sharing your experience. I guess everyone reacts differently to meds. I know it is at least helping me and I am not constantly crying so that is all that matters for now.
Take care of you!
Hugs,
Lily

Hi lily,
The dose you are on is the lowest there is. Its not a lot of medication, so I wouldnt worry about addiction at this point. The thing is, with pain or anxiety, if you wait until the anxiety is really bad before you take it, it doesnt work as well , because your body is already going into the panic mode and the chemical changes it causes are harder to control. If it helps, and you think a slightly higher dose like 1mg would help more than ask your doctor about it, but if your anxiety is usualy a constant thing at some level that then gets worse at times I would ask her about a long acting anti anxiety med that you take daily.Dont judge meds by the dose by the way, 2mg of Ativan is a large dose for occasional panic, yet you can take for example 300 mg of Trazadone at bedtime to help you sleep. I have found a lot of people think 1mg of one drug is the same strength as 1mg of another. You can always check online for any information on meds, I agree with the person who said Wikepedia is not the place to look up drugs, its a good site but it is a collection of what people post when they know something about a subject, they then get edited or added to by others. There is no garuntee what they write is correct. WebMD is good, and there are a lot of other sites too. A lot depends on how willing your doctor is to listen to your input. But honestly if you have bad panic or anxiety attacks, .5mg of Ativan isnt that much. Someone mentioned taking hydroxizine, I just wanted to say if that is reccomended be aware its just an antihistamine, like benadryl but a bit stronger. It is also an excellent antiemetic, so if you are ever nauseous it works well. Good luck,I know its hard to find the right meds, but there are a lot of them so dont get discouraged. I finaly found out I didnt need antidepressants, my problem with the ptsd is purely anxiety.
dr

Thanks dr,
That info was very helpful. I am pretty sure my anxiety is a constant thing and then gets worse at certain times. I will let my doctor know when I go to my next visit.
Hope all is well with you.
Hugs,
Lily

Ativan is utter bliss! But like all things that feel soii freakin good, it isn't good for you.

I took Lexapro for about 6 months, and the only negative effect (which for most women is not an acceptable negative) was weight gain. It made me ravenous. I would be up eating in the middle of the night, whole meals sometimes. My doctor said this was a side effect of the Lexapro and that it just happens to some people. So I then switched to Cymbalta and have been on that for about 2 years with no side effects (unless I forget to take it one day, and then the withdrawal symptoms are ridiculous). I also take Clonazapam (spelling?)/Klonopin, which has been good to help with anxiety. Hope you see good results with the Lexapro.

I went on Lexapro a week ago. have not noticed a difference yet but my doctor said it is one of the least addictive anti depressants. I have been taking valium at night to help me sleep. I know that these things will eventually help. Maybe they are and I just do not realize how bad it would be without them. Good luck, I hope the meds work for you!

Best wishes

i have just been put on lexapro and clonaazepam for depression and serious anxiety attack i was in a bad marriage for 22 years which was very bad i mean very bad i am in a marriage down and it is causing me problems even after 12 years i can't get this out of my head i have bad nightmares i think sometimes just ended it all but i have two kids i love very much and i would not do that them to them we are going to staRT GOING TO A MARRIAGE COUSCLER BUT HE THINKS IT IS ALL ME AND ALL MY FLAUT SO WHY EVEN GO.I FEEL SO ALONE I HAVE NO BOBY IN MY LIFE I CAN TALK TO EVEN WITH MY HUSBAND HERE HE DOESN'T LISTEN TO ME HE THINKS I AM A NUTCASE.I AM AT MY END OF THE ROAD AND I DON'R KNOW WHAT TO DO ALL I WANT IS TO BE HAPPY BUT ONCE YOU HAVE BEEN PROGRAME TO TO DO THIS THIS WAY AND DO THIS THIS WAY FOR 22 YEARS IT IS HARD TO BREAK THE HABIT. I WOULD LOVE JUST TO HAVE A FRIEND I COULD TALK TO AND LISTEN TO ME IT MIGHT MAKE ME FEEL BETTER AND THE OTHER PERSON TOO. I HAVE NOBODY. I MEAND NOBODY AND I AM SCARED AND DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO PLEASE RELP

Hi Sheila,
I read your post and your situation sounds like Im reading my story. I am going through a similar situation. I will be married 25 yrs (if we make it till then) on Dec 21st.
I as well am told everything is my fault. My husband has never listened to me and only hears what he wants to.

Don’t be scared! I am here for you. We sound like we have a lot to compare and can help each other out. Please message me and we can support each other through this hard time in our lives.
I look forward to hearing from you soon. Till then take care of you.
Hugs,
Lily

darkraven thank you for the information.I was put on it after one mental hospital stay and taken off of it the next, two months later. Now I understand why I was taken off of Ativan.I thought that how breifly it helped was just due to the way my body was.

My doctor started me on ativan and Lexapro. For the first three weeks, I didn't feel anything. But after that, I started to notice that the atavin helps me a lot. Because I notice the difference in my attitude. For example, some nights. If I don't get enough rest, I'll feel really grouchy in the past. But with the ativan, I'm able to function and control my moods a lot more better. And for the lexapro, I only take it as needed. Like for instance, if I were going to have a very busy day ahead of me.
Thanks for reading my blog. Hope this helps you.

I am on Lexipro and Ativan and newly added this week Ambien. I take my Lexipro everday, Ativan as needed but my doc just said to take it at least twice a day for now. The ambien is new and it seems to be helping. All the meds in the world though are not helping making my husband of 25yrs want to help me or work things out .He is giving up on us and not wanting to try. He is my life and world and I can not function with meds or no meds knowing that, Any suggestions would gratly welcomed.
Thanks in advance,
Lily

Lily, remember you can not change him, onlyyourself, but if the meds help you he might see your effort and try to work things out. Do what you can for yourself. You deserve to be the best you that you can.

Thanks Krazy2001 for your support. It means a lot. Hope you have a great weekend!
Hugs,
Lily