Little motivation

I couldn't sleep much last night, yet I intended on not staying in the bed all day. I've been awake since my boyfriend left at 5:30 AM. I got some cleaning done, did Wii Fit for 30 minutes, now what? There is always more to do, but I have NO motivation, AT ALL. We are being foreclosed on and need to pack. I have the boxes, tape, paper, everything I need, except a good friend to share the joy of packing with(lol...)and the drive to do it. Is it that I believe it will all disappear if I stay asleep? Do I sleep during the day, so I don't have to answer the phone when he calls? Why do I not want to talk to ANYONE? I've been 9 days, without Effexor. This is the worst drug I have every dealt with before, as far as withdrawals. One person describes it as "head zaps", one says she can "hear her eyes move". An awful feeling to have for a day, much less nine! It's hard on everyone around the person with the withdrawals, also. I stayed on it for so long because it was to disturbing to get off it. It basically shuts your life down, till its out of your system. Please tell me this will get better soon. Need to be inspired.

Hey Liar2me,
Depression is so tough believe me I understand and I understand the lack of motivation and not wanting to communicate that comes along with it. If I were you, because I knew I had to move I would pump up the music and just get some kind of jump on it. Just say this has to be done so I will do it, and with every box packed you'll feel a little better...cos you're doing this for you.

As for the tablets i am so sorry for the come down, i am surprised it is so harsh and the doses aren't lessened to a bare minimum to stop it having such an effect. and i hope you find one soon the suits.

I hope i helped in some way girl

Love to you hun
Moongal x

Hey Liar2me - sorry you have to deal with all that. I agree with moongal, play some fun music that will get you excited, and maybe set a small go for yourself everyday, like packing 5 boxes, or doing one room a day.

As for the pills, i have no idea what withdrawals are, but it is good that you recognize what you are going through and of course it will get better, your body is adjusting now and it takes time especially if you have been on it for a while. As long as you recognize that is happening you can stay strong to get through. Look forward to what you can do next, and look at all this as an adventure (as strange as that may sound). You will get this all done!

Let us know how you are doing.

Did you stop the effexor yourself? It's not a medication you can just stop completely either! You have to be weened off of it because of the withdraw side affects.

I have a medical background, but more importantly, I know from experience. I cannot go without it. Even one day.

The last time I stopped it on my own I landed myself in the psyche ward for attempted suicide! It's a horrible feeling!

You should really call your doctor.
Please Liar2me. For your own safety!

Try painting, you don't have to be good and it can also be cheap. There are stores like michael's and hobby stores. Before you know it time has passed and you have relaxed without knowing it. I hope this is of help to you.

My mom and dad gave me an art set for chrismas and I started painting again. Sometimes it’s just hard to be motivated to do it. I’m in the middle of a piece now - wanted to paint, but have been so depressed this week. Just been laying in bed looking at it.

Try setting small packing goals. Music might help you get a good pace going. When you reach one of your goals treat yourself to a break or snack or something.

Hey Beauty,
I am so sorry, for how you are feeling. Sweetie are you in therapy? What a wonderful gift your parents gave you, so throughtful. I know there are moments that are hard, and when they are very tough it's ok to have a little rest through them or have a shower, I find showers great for making me feeling all freshened again.

It's great that you are talking here, you are reaching out, you should really pat yourself on the back for that hun, we are here for you sweetheart, think and caring about you.

Love you hunny
Be kind to yourself
Moongal x

From Mood Disorders to Bipolar Disorder