Looking for hope

Hi
I just joined . I have never had contact with anybody who has experienced this hell of a compulsion / habit or whatever it is that I can't seem to stop . I have tryed to get help from psycologist but she had a breakdown so have had a bad experience asking for help . I am reading up on it myself now and are looking for anything that will aid my recovery . I am desperate . I have done it since I was young and I am forty now . Soooo over it

Hi Ky,
I'm sorry you are having a hard time right now. Just know we are all here for you if you need us! I'm assuming you are talking about cutting? If so I have gone through the same thing and I would love to try and help. Let me know if that's what you mean

Never a good thing when your therapist has a breakdown! You must appreciate the irony in that.

This is a good place to come when feeling pretty down, there are lots of positive words and people willing to help here. over coming a compulsive behavior I think is about learning to relax and calm yourself and channel your energy in a more positive direction. something stimulating! that thing is difficult to find.

Ky, you'll find many here that can & will relate with you & may offer other alternatives that will help you find some relief & I'm hopeful you'll seek another counselor/therapist for help in leading/guiding you through.

All my strengths.

April