Looking for suggestions

I have this friend that I care about, we are there for eachother, there are things I dont tell her but that is besides the point, I have been calling her a couple of times a week and she isn't returning my call I know she is going through a tough time, I leave messages. I am not sure of I should keep calling her or if I should just stop calling. It's so hard cuz I care about her and I am concerned and I miss her and I am sad (and of course I am having the urge to self injure) and I just don't know what to do? Any suggestions?

Princess

Hi Princess, if you can let her know that you are there for her and thinking of her, and then let it go for a bit, then that will allow her time and space to go through whatever she needs to go through. And, please don't self injure, because this is not a reflection of you or your friendship with her. Sometimes we just need a bit of time and space to go through our own things.

Puppy thanks for your post. Yah I know sometimes people need there space, and I understand that but that I am still sad cuz she is a person I really care about and I miss her. Self injure never has a reflection on my relationships. I self injure for different reasons but the main reason is cuz I would rather feel physical pain then emotional pain. I did let her know I am here on her message cuz she won't talk to me, and I am giving her space and time. I am just so sad, I know I am being so selfish, but I can't change or control how I feel. Thanks again for your post and your support

Hey Princess,
I hope you didn't self harm. Sweetie your friend is not rejecting you, she is just going through a really tough time right now and right now she needs you more than ever. You are confident in your friendship right? Well you can send her a text and let her know I am here for you and I will be here for as long as you need.

I understand how it can be to not get feedback from a friend, but if it is depression she is suffering from, please go easy on her, it is such an evil illness.

And please go gentle with yourself hun, you are amazing.

Love you hun
Moongal x

Thanks Moongal, she does have depression and I am gentle on her. That's what I thought that she would need me more then ever but she not answering her phone, so I can't talk to her and I don't want to bother her if she does need her space. I can't text her she doesn't have a cell phone, I was think of maybe writing her a letter and sending it. She is not a friend that I tell everything too I do feel confidant in our friendship. I do feel sad she wont talk to me and I do miss her lots and I care about her lots too. I am just giving her some space, and I haven't called her since last Sunday cuz my therapist suggested I don't call her for like a week or so. It helps to talk about it, and get support and get my feelings out so thanks Moongal! I do feel better. I appreciate all of your support and means so much. Your a great friend!

Hi Princess, I think that you are doing the right thing by giving your friend a bit of space. Don't be afraid to check in with her here and there. My very good friend and spiritual guide told me that if a friend has distanced her/himself, then to let them go, because they are not meant to be in my life at that point. If you force something that's not meant to be in that moment, then only negativity would exude. I'm going through this with a close friend presently and it's not easy, but I finally realized that I need to let it go for now and I know that it will come back around at the right time.

princess

once again u have recieved fantastic advice to follow and u should know sometimes life just doesnt leave us with time to catch up with friends as often as we like but they do return if its meant to be

u have a great day and be kind to u love D :)

Thanks, puppydoglvr, and D, for your advice and suggestions. I am giving her the space that she needs, and I stop calling but I will still call her every now and then, just to check and say I am here. It's not easy. I actually have been crying a lot, but I know sometime people need there space, I am still really sad about it and miss her lots. I will always care and love her, I just honestly can't wait till the day she is ready to talk again. Well thanks again for the support and the suggestions.

I understand that feeling all too well Princess. I know that it's not easy. But please know that it has nothing to do with you, but that she's going through something and needs her space. She will come back around when she's ready, and in the meantime, keep moving forward with your life and do things that make you happy. What's one thing that you can do today to put a smile on your face?

Yah I know it has nothing to do with me. My dog make me smile and makes me happier so I was spending time play with her and giving her a good petting. Thanks again for your support.

I am so happy that you have your dog there to make you smile. My parents just rescued a dog and every time I am over there with him, he makes me so happy, so I totally know the feeling. Please let us know how things are progressing for you. Sending you big hugs.

I am taking the big hugs. That is so awesome that they rescued a dog, what's the dogs name? I am feeling a little better. Thanks!

Hi Princess, I am so happy to hear that you are feeling a little better. My parent's dog's name is Charlie and he is such a character. Every time I spend time with him, he makes me laugh and smile. I love love love him.

How are you doing and feeling today?

Hey puppydoglvr, I smile every time I play with my dog as well and I love my dog Friday lots, she makes me laugh and smile and that's good that Charlie does that for you.

I am doing ok, I got to talk to my friend the other day and so I was pretty happy about that. Thanks for your support and I hope that all is well with you.

Princess, I am so happy to hear that you were able to talk to your friend, how is she doing and how are you feeling about everything?

My rescue cats are Bonnie (a little princess) and Milo, a now HUGE tomcat of 15 pounds. They are great buddies for me as I don't get out much anymore. My old legs don't work well alot of times and due to swings in my blood sugar, I just don't drive very much.

I was thinking about your attempts to contact your friend. You know, sometimes I simply cannot answer the phone, especially if I am having a bad back day, often compounded by working with some not so nice folks at my company. However, I can answer emails. It might sound cold but do you think maybe that might work to at least keep the communication going? I read that you have gotten into contact with her and believe me, hoping very much she stays in communication but maybe keep that idea in your back pocket just in case?