Major binge prevention success today: I woke up craving suga

Major binge prevention success today: I woke up craving sugar and remembered that I forgot about a pack of 4 Entenman's donuts in the freezer. I partially defrosted them (talk about desperation!) and ate two and felt really grossed out for starting my day in such an unhealthy way so instead of thinking, "Eat all of them- you're already disappointed with yourself today!" I actually put the rest under the faucet in the sink and in the disposal! I then ate a healthy lunch and a healthy dinner.

8 Hearts

Congrats on being able to turn around something that could have led you into a much worse-feeling day. One day at a time :)

3 Hearts

@Littlesis7 Thank you very much! One day at a time is a great motto to live by! I stocked up on more fruit to help my sugar cravings and I’m really liking cantaloupe and lychee this week.

I can't even think of the last time I thought a donut sounded appetizing. Feel like I need dialysis just thinking about eating them anymore. It's interesting that once you detox yourself from all the sugar even the thought of it is off putting.

1 Heart

@Brent1228 I wish I had your restraint with donuts! I could eat 5 in one sitting if I put my mind to it and I’m a goner if Hostess Donette’s are around.

thank you for your kind words :) That is interesting about hanging out w senior friends -bingo and board games...bc when I was young I was 'an old soul' and enjoyed listening to all the stories my elder relatives told. Guess it's because I clicked into fam heritage and tucked away all their trips, birthplaces and trials they endured. I mostly loved it when they remembered something to laugh about bc old folks mainly don't laugh about much. I played music for them.

1 Heart

@Littlesis7 That’s wonderful that you hung out with your elder relatives as a child and played music for them and talked and laughed with them- I bet they really treasured your visits a lot. I’m also an old soul! My parents raised me with movies and shows from the 50’s 60’s 70’s etc and when the seniors did a trivia night on retro shows the other day, I was one of the top 3 winners and they loved that I could yell out the answers to shows I wasn’t alive for. My senior friends and I are spread across America, so we do zoom calls as a group to meet up and I plan to visit all of them next summer when they have their annual vacation. It’s a joy to know them and I always tell them that they’re a lot of fun and that I love being their friend.