My amputation was this year on jan14. I'm 25 and have a new

My amputation was this year on jan14. I'm 25 and have a new born. When I first lost the limb I was very optimistic about my future. But since my son was born in June I've found my self being very angry with my situation. It also doesn't help that my prosthetic doesn't fit and its take almost two months for the new socket to be finished. I really hate complaining but has officially gotten old.

Things will get easier, I still have my hands but I like you am scared I may not be able to hold my own grand kids when I have them because I can't lift more than 20 lbs without pain . Keep your spirits up and know you will adjust to the prosthetic and to being a new dad with all the joy that comes with it. I know someone who got a sling made to hold her child one handed because she was born with only one. it helped he bond with her child better and she wasn't so scared to hold him or always worried she would drop him. and he got to bond with her in that important period of his life. Huggs and congrats on your new baby .

Thank you very much.

@Zacharythestumpblevins your welcome. , Hope today finds you feeling better . :slight_smile: