My boyfriend's daughter had both her breasts removed today

my boyfriend's daughter had both her breasts removed today due to breast cancer. She is only 42.
My boyfriend doesn't understand why it is a hugh deal to have breasts removed. It's one of the gender identites. Probably similar for men who suffer with ED.
His daughter is emotionally distraught. She is angry all the time now.
She has a 3 yr old daughter. She has come to terms should she die her daughter won't suffer because she will be too young to remember her.
Her 3 yr old can not speak. Her brain did not develop in the area of speech due to her biological mother's constant partying while pregnant.
Ok, I need to take a deep breath and calm down.

1 Heart

Lord, my heart goes out to you and your people. That's hard to cope with and yes, many emotions comes with that reality. Sometimes all you can do is hold their hand and sit along side of them. Peace and Grace I send your way. @Inmylittlerroom

2 Hearts

@DearPeace
Thank You very much!

Her surgery had a complication so she had to have more surgery the next day.
She is resting at home today. She has a friend helping her and her daughter.
Hopefully, the cancer has not spread. Will not know for sure until labs come back.
Praying, praying praying.

2 Hearts

Glad to know she's home recovering, praying she'll be okay with no more surgery. Thanks for the follow up.

2 Hearts

saw my boyfriend's daughter today. She is doing well.
She's not suppose to move her upper arms at all. She has to sit and sleep in a reclining chair. Her cousin came to take care of her and her 3 yr old.
She is suppose to have a hysterectomy in a few months, to lower estrogen. But she'd rather take pills.
The cancer is estrogen-based.
The pathology report will be in Monday. It will say if cancer has spread.

1 Heart

@Inmylittleroom wow, don’t know what to say about that but I’m glad she has the support of the family to help and see her through. Grace and Peace be with her.

boyfriend's daughter is healing well. We are going to have a picnic on Saturday. She's going to tell us if cancer has spread. Bracing for the worst, hoping for the best.

2 Hearts

She canceled picnic. Won’t see until next weekend. Hope she isn’t putting off because of bad news. Trying not to go there.

went and saw boyfriend's daughter today.
I asked her the tough question.
What did pathology report say? Cancer did not spread. But there was still some cancer after chemo. She has to be on chemo for a year. Plus immune suppressant therapy, Also for 1 year. She needs hysterectomy surgery soon. And take estrogen suppressing pills for 10 years.
Because cancer is estrogen-based.
Wasn't the worst news. Hate she is going through this.

2 Hearts

@Inmylittleroom Not great news. :frowning: I’m sure she is grateful to have ya’ll supporting her. Worse to go through things alone. I feel for her. Hope she can keep her spirit up.

Truly sorry.

@andine
Thanks. Is rough.