My dads leaving

I talked to my dad a few days ago and he told me he and my step mom are moving to Florida. I really can't believe this. My dad is my rock, my escape from my mom.

My mom and dad divorced when I was 2 and have never really gotten along with each other. My mom always talks through me to talk to him, and I can't stand it.

When I am at my mom's house, we are always fighting and we quite literally never get along. Whenever I talk to her, we end up fighting and then I get the silent treatment of days.

But anyway, whenever I go to my dads house, its bliss. I feel at home and i'm comfortable there. I get along much better with my dad then I do my mom.

I don't like that feeling of my dad leaving and not being there. Does anyone have any advice?

* Sorry this is in the wrong place. I don't know how to change it or delete it

Hey MPM,
I gather Florida is very far away from you? I guess you need to speak to your dad and tell him, although you understand his need to go, that you need him too and so you will have to come to some kind of comprimise so that your relationship stays strong. Believe me he is hurting too at the thought of having to leave you.

As for your mum, I'm sure she doesn't mean to put you in the middle, that is probably just the hurt speaking. But maybe you could open a dialogue with her and tell her, nicely and calmly that you love her, but you love your father too...and that you would like to develop a stronger relationship with her...and see where you go from there.

I don't know if that was any help. I hope it was.
My thoughts are with you.

Moongal x