My depression coupled with past abuse feel like an endless v

My depression coupled with past abuse feel like an endless void I dropped into and everything seems tainted by how angry and frustrated and hopeless I feel that I can't seem to be functional, now, years after the abuse. I just want to be normal and happy and yet nothing is quite clicking for either.

1 Heart

Try to be patient. Coming back to being normal and happy may take some time. Take baby steps and be proud of accomplishments, even little ones.

Be patient. You say years after the abuse. It takes time to get over these things. Take baby steps and be proud of accomplishments, not matter how small they seem. You'll get it back, but you have to be patient.

You've got to find a new normal that's right for you. It's going to be different but It's got to be one you can function in. And rember you shouldn't rely on someone else for your happiness. It's your responsibility. Good luck on your journey

Patience is probably the hardest thing to feel. Today was one of those suffocating days where it didn't feel like I'd ever make any progress. Thank you both for your comments. I really appreciate it and needed those reminders. I tend to rely on the wrong people when I'm struggling to cope.