My husband has serious anger issues and he knows it but does

My husband has serious anger issues and he knows it but doesnt seem to care. He's done nothing to help himself and he takes it out on me all the time. I'm a perfectionist and a people pleaser, so when he gets angry with my ideas or efforts it really brings me down. Of course, he just sees me as being fragile and ridiculous, but I deal with him throwing things, punching things, yelling and rejecting me every time. Sometimes all I can do is cry because I feel stuck in a world full of his anger. We almost got a divorce in August, and we've come so far until 3 or 4 weeks ago when his outbursts started up again.

1 Heart

I won't pretend to know what's best since I don't know the entire situation... but I wanted to say that you deserve to be happy, and you deserve to be with someone who treats you well and actually wants to make you feel good. I think... I think if he really loves you and he sees that his behavior is making you cry, if he is aware you're hurting because of him, I think if he really loved you he would stop. Because you don't hurt people that you love, and if you do once by accident you don't do it again, does that make sense? I don't know if he can really change or not, and while of course you would want to give him a chance to try, I just hope you don't get sucked into a cycle of giving him infinite chances that he wastes. If he can be the man you deserve, great, but if he is not making you happy, just know you do deserve to be happy and it is possible! Try not to let his criticism get to you too much, I'm sure you're a great, kind person.

1 Heart

@youngwifeddc Welcome to SG! You will meet many wonderful people here, fondly called SG friends. The bottom of the page is a FAQ, it will assist you in navigating the site. The right - hand corner are numerous groups, also there is a Support Someone icon, familarized yourself with them. You may join as many groups as necessary. There are Anger Management, Relationship, and Self Esteem groups. Be strong the best is yet, to follow.... SG friends are here, to support, and be supported.

have you thought of couples therapy at a church? or someplace else