My husband passed away on October 18, 2015 from a massive he

My husband passed away on October 18, 2015 from a massive heart attack. I am learning that the more I talk about the memories of my husband and the type of man he was really helps me healed through my grieving process. With this being said, I have a question...

I am grateful for my friends and family, however, I've been getting comments like, "You're young so you have your whole life ahead of you", "I know how you feel because when I separated from my husband...", "You will find someone else", just to name a few and there has been many more inappropriate comments (in my opinion)..

Have anyone else experienced this? I also notice that when I share a memory of my husband, friends do not take any interest. I know that some things may be uncomfortable for them, but should there be more compassion from those who say they love you? I am not angry at any of them, I am just curious if anyone else experienced this? And if so, how did you handle it?

1 Heart

I think they're trying to show they care by saying something rather than nothing.
I am sharing a site that has Christian messages to help you along the stages of grief. I heard about it from the radio. You may want to consider in person grief counseling. I did it for free through hospice years ago.

http://www.griefshare.org/dailyemails/

1 Heart

@TennisPlayer Thank you!

@TennisPlayer That would not be a good idea for at this time. I am experiencing several different emotions and I do not want to say something hurtful because I am frustrated. Besides talking about other things right now only makes my nerves bad. I love them of course, but right now I just need my space so I can focus on healing.

From Mental & Physical Abuse to Grief & Loss