My mom doesn't think my fiance and I are good together anymo

My mom doesn't think my fiance and I are good together anymore. I don't blame her. We have argued more often than not for about a year, and we have not felt connected in a very long time. When we finally do feel connected, it's after a lot of fighting, tears, and hours and hours and hours and hours and days and days and days of working things out. Then something else happens, he gets anxious or overwhelmed, and it throws off everything we fought and worked for. His anxiety has been destructive to our relationship, and now that we are engaged, the dysfunctional anxiety from his family of origin is affecting our relationship as well. I have my own mental health history. I don't want to be discriminatory about something that I deal with personally as well, anyways. But I am feeling really really disheartened and uncertain whether I can handle a lifetime of marriage with his family system, especially knowing my own mother thinks the writing is on the wall.

Thats sound like a lot to make permanent long term. What percentage of time is postive vs negative. Sometimes the outside person sees things clearer. Nothing wrong with making your own health important.

@bebobaBetty What you wrote me has really resonated with me for the last few days. Especially “Nothing wrong with making your own health important”. I really appreciate that. Thank you.

@CKBlossom Those are really good points.