My parents keep telling me to be more independent and I need

My parents keep telling me to be more independent and I need to learn to make decisions myself, but every time I make some major decision, they always have something negative to say about it and start discouraging me from going through with it. I don't get what they want me to do. Then, every time I try to talk to them about it, they're always like, "We're just warning you, we're not trying to prevent you from doing it." Like whatever you said made me not want to go through with it anymore.

Been there, it's rough. A suggestion is to not share any new information or choices with them and continue with your gut. No hard in failing if you earn or ask other professionals their options if looking for advice in the beginning to gain confidence. Good luck.

@Abcde123 They ask about it so it’s harder to not share with them and I’ll try that, thanks.

Ur parents r trying to teach u how to weigh things out on the pros and cons so u can make the best decisions for urself. If u feel this is not what is going on, I dont know what to say.