My question is how you learn to trust you spouse again. Tha

My question is how you learn to trust you spouse again. That is going to be the hardest thing for me. He knows if he messes up one more he is gone and his kids will have nothing to do with him because of it. Its so hard when you love the person so much.

Trust is hard to restore especially when you have been deceived. It's hard for a person that hasn't experienced addiction to understand why someone can't see what they are losing. It's hard when they choose a drug over a family. I tend to promote Al-Anon and Al-Ateen groups to aid in recovery of the family and friends of the afflicted. Simply because I have seen so many people change in their entire thought process once they start attending. It's great place to talk about addiction and gets you out of the house. My own Brother drank himself to death at the age of 49. It made no sense to any of us. He just couldn't make himself stop no matter the risk.

1 Heart

@Ducktape ,How do I find an Al-Anon group in my area? We live in a very small rural town in Southern Utah. I feel since I don’t really trust my husband he gets mad really easily at things and is always throwing it in my face how I don’t trust him and how that is making things worse. If I ask him a question and he answeres it he has started saying you probably don’t believe me anyway so why does it even matter. Its really frustrating for me and I get so upset so easy. I feel like I am going crazy.