My sexual partner got tested for HSV2 today. He's nervous. I

My sexual partner got tested for HSV2 today. He's nervous. I'm nervous. However he informed that regardless of the result, our friendship will continue. That made this easier. I'm posting this to lend hope to those who believe that there isn't a single person out there who will see who you are beyond your condition.

1 Heart

Yes there are people who will see beyond your condition but a relationship is different to a friendship so are you saying that you want to be friends but a relationship is different to a friendship so are you saying that you want to be friends or have a relationship.

It doesn't matter honestly. We were sexual but we have a friendship and the friendship will last regardless of the results. I wasn't treated any differently. I thought I would be. That's enough for me.

Thats good. it is funny how some people react differently but I'm glad that you can retain a friendship. the guy I was seeing at the time. Me like a hot potatoes but he was the user anyway but we have been seeing each other for 9 months and the other 1 I had kind of been seeing as well we are still friends but I wish you were different but I'm happy to be friends with him

It's hard finding men to take seriously for relationships without hsv. With hsv, it is probably a bit more challenging but it definitely helps you sort the potentials from the wastes of time early on. My friend and I had a physical attraction we acted upon in addition to the friendship. The sexual aspect may cease but the friendship is going to continue regardless.
I know all about the users. I think we talked about that on another string.

Sorry my sentences don't really make a lot of sense are used voice to text and it doesn't always come out the way I want it to and I often don't check before I hit the post button so sorry

@lisajd He tested positive

No worries

So are you positive as well?

Yes. I knew before he did. My results prompted me to inform him to be tested

So did you give to him?

No. I think he gave it to me. I didn't have it before him. Then I had my first outbreak and told him to get tested. He said he never had an outbreak but admitted he hadn't been tested. He said all he'd ever have is hair bumps. Im thinking he may have had one and mistaken it for a hair bump. I've heard that's common. My outbreak didn't appear "typical". So my doc tested but said it didn't look like herpes, but it was.

Ok so are things ok between you

It is. I was angry initially, but I believe him to be sincere and we have a friendship beyond the sexual aspect of our relationship. We're supporting each other through it.

Thats good