My son has schizophrenia. I'm so mad and sad

My son has schizophrenia. I'm so mad and sad.

2 Hearts

an occupational therapist can really help him to function. Medication helps a lot. He will a;ways be your son. Its ok to be mad and sad its not easy to hear. love conquers all.

1 Heart

@Lassie How does an OT help? My daughter is repeatedly told she is weird and socially awkward by “friends.” She sees a counselor and doctor. I’m curious what an OT can do for her. Thank you! She has sz.

Thank you. I wish he would see one.

I'm in Albuquerque and I really need to be in a support group

The meds help, but the side effects are scary.

1 Heart

@MJ_FLORES I feel the same as you. Some days I’m sad, other days I am mad. It hurts watching her go through this. She told her counselor today, “I just want to be normal.” ): I’m here if you need to talk. Hang in there.

I'm sorry. How old is yp ur baby? My son is 25. It goes to look at his baby pictures. Thank you for talking to me, it means alot

1 Heart

@MJ_FLORES She is a teenager in high school…Yes, I have been looking at old pictures, too. I have so many questions about what caused this and what her future will hold. You are not alone in your struggles. I appreciate your support, too. The best thing we have done thus far is get her into counseling. She has good and bad days, as do I. How is your son doing? Thinking of you and your family…

I'm so sorry about your girl. Hey, she is counseling! I often wonder if a vegiterian diet would help. It is sure worth a try. Have you ever herd of gerson and schizophrenia? You should you tube it. My son seems better. He is on a monthly shot. I wish he would get some counseling. He is now 25 and has been going through this for 2 years. God bless you and your daughter.

@MJ_FLORES No, I haven’t heard of it. I will Google it–thank you. Yes, from what I’ve researched, a diet rich in vegetables, sleep, exercise, and vitamins like fish oil, B complex, and Sarcosine are supposed to be good for sz. I do think this counseling is helping, too. Sometimes she doesn’t want to tell me things, because she doesn’t want to worry or upset me. I’m going to go look for that on YouTube right now. Have a great day and thank you for the recommendation.