My Son

My 13 (almost 14) year old son has been diagnosed with Schizophrenia and / or possibly bi polar(with schispeffective something or other. ) He is also a sex offender.... And some days I have a hard time wrapping my head around this... And even knowing what to say or even how to say it.
I have not told him the diagnosis... Should I?? Or should I wait.. He is not stable... I am glad to see that there is some chance of a life for him... My husband is convinced that he is going to hunt me down and kill me when he turns 18....

Welcome to SupportGroups.com, would be wise to ask a counselor/therapist that question that way it could ease some of your fears of telling your son or not. My husband of 19yrs. has alot of disorders bipolar is one of them & your husband is correct in that your son could harm you. You & your husband would be more capable of assisting your son by letting a professional lead you through this never ending cycle of possible episodes/med side affects down the road. This is something that does have to be mananged for life by your son when hes older. My heart goes out to you & we're here to talk with when you feel like it.

All my strengths.

April