Need some suggestions if anyone has any ideas. I've posted

Need some suggestions if anyone has any ideas. I've posted that I have Dupuytrens Contracture in my right hand. I'm part of the Dupuytrens Contracture Research Group. The goal is ultimately to find a cure. In reality there are no long term, viable, non invasive treatments. These treatments are short term. Operations are typically not successful. I have to do some research to determine if any of the treatments will help me and if they are worth doing. There are long term health effects. Related ailments are leaderhose, frozen shoulder, and peyronies. Any advances would probably apply to these too. People think it s an old persons' disease. My friend's daughter has it. Her job requires use of the computer much of the time. My son told me gamers have it. I believe in this day of technology people are at higher risk for this terrible disease. Anyways, today I got an email from the director out of Palms Springs stating they are trying to get NIH funding with a petition to sign supporting this. I'm trying to come up with a way or ways to draw attention to this important work. Does anyone have any ideas of what I can do to help this cause? Thank you for listening and caring.

1 Heart

When I was looking this up I saw this, XIAFLEX was the only non surgical method to treating this, have you heard anything about it?

1 Heart

@CKBlossom There are a number of non surgical treatments of which that is one. I believe Xiaflex is an injection. Cortisone injections, needle treatments (breaks up the tissue), and radiation are but a few more. None are permanent because it is progressive. It might buy you some time, but the problem will reoccur.