Never Too Late For Exercise & Healthy Eating

I believe that anyone can start a healthy eating and exercise at any time...it's never too late;

"A reader wrote us asking if it’s really worth it for older people to change their eating habits for the better.

Indeed it is. People in their 60s, 70s, and beyond can benefit from improving the way they eat, as detailed in a review in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition by Dr. Richard S. Rivlin, a professor of medicine at Weill Cornell Medical College in New York.

Two insidious effects of aging are the loss of muscle and the weakening of bone. Alone and together, these can restrict mobility, limit the ability to carry out everyday tasks, make breathing difficult by distorting the size and shape of the rib cage, and cause falls. Improving nutrition and getting more exercise can halt or slow the loss of muscle and bone. Other benefits include:

A healthier heart. Switching to a better diet and exercising can lower blood pressure and cholesterol. Older folks gain more from lowering their blood pressure than younger people do. Among those who already have heart disease, lowering cholesterol can reduce the risk of having a heart attack by 50%.
Protection against cancer. Early detection and action are clearly the keys to fighting cancer, but two large studies indicate that a healthy diet and exercise are essential, too...."

http://health.msn.com/healthy-living/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100199647

Source: MSN.com

I agree, while exercise and healthy diet from a young age are key to longevity, its never too late to make that decision to get healthy!

Absolutely Lilac! It is really never ever too late to start.

Hey absolutely puppy,
People can live such different lives, it's amazing one 75 year old could be pretty feable...while another would be able to walk a mile easy, drive and still live a fairly active life.

On my nintendo wii, it was saying that as the body ages, your lower body,i.e. legs and hips would be the first to detoriate, and even doing simple step exercises can keep strength in it. Never give up, no matter what age.

Love you hun
Moongal x