New Here Need Support

Hey everyone. I am 23 years old. I have a 22 month old and my bf and I live together. I have always had social anxiety. For the past week I have been having anxiety panic attacks. My BF has been in the hospital with blood clots in both of his lungs. He went to the er with chest pains. That is where it all went downhill. I every now and then have chest pains. So my anxiety is over me dying for something like the blood clots or something similar. Oh I have always been afraid of death and had panic attacks as well. This is taking over my life. I have anxiety almost most of the day. Nighttime is the worse. I feel like I won't wake up. So I have another panic attack. Went to my doctor and he is going to check everything to make sure I am good health wise. I am overweight though so who knows the outcome of that. He did give me xanax. It has helped some but I don't want to take pills for the rest of my life. I don't want to feel this way for the rest of my life. Ugh it is the worse thing ever to have all these crazy thoughts running thru the head. Unable to breath chest pains. I thought my Boyfriend would be supportive but he does not understand that this is something real and not fake. He does not see why I need to take the xanax or why I don't want night time to come or to go to sleep. Why I don't want to be alone. He is just being a **** I feel. Comparing me take the xanax to his friends or family members that abuse drugs. I have only been taking the xanax for about a week when needed. It just Anyone haVe maybe some tips or books. I can read to help this or even advice it is greatly appreciated sorry for any spelling errors on a cell phone.

The best advice is for you to see a mental health professional. You should really be seeing a therapist and a psychiatrist to help you with this condition.

Once you see a psychiatrist I am sure he will take you off of Xanax and put you on something that will really work for you. There is hope. :)

Also, you are not alone. I live with what you are describing every day. I can't even go to the doctor's office or the ER without being checked for a heart attack each and every time. I feel like an idiot each time they do this. However, I do understand their dilemma.

Hi Lacci2001,
User Nuts4notes is exactly right. Talking to a therapist will help you find out what is causing your anxiety and hopefully talk about solutions to help you work through it.
There are better medicines out there to help you cope and manage the anxiety and panic attacks. Please contact a psychiatrist and get on the road to start feeling better.

Let us know how your doing...

Thanks you guys for the advice. I have an appt to see a cognitive behavior threapist soon. Hopefully that will be able to help. I don't want to have to be on any meds if possible. I will keep you guys updated

Awe, DEFINITELY get to a mental health professional and you will see results very soon. my step son went though this for a while and he was always thinking he was dying (healthy 24-25 year old). We had to take him to ER one time when he was sure of it.

Turned out to be anxiety. He eats really really healthy, works out andis thin. he also pays close attention to his triggers. He knows, for example, he cannot have any caffiene.

I would think that in addn to the mental health professional, you may benefit from some nutrition counseling and exersise. Both will undoubtedly make you feel alot better.

All my very best, you will be FINE!!

Love, S

I am also new to this group, so I do not know of how much help I can be of. But I can tell you that I am in the exact same boat that you are. My Anxiety got much worse in the past 7 months since my best friend had passed away very suddenly and unexpected. He was a very unhealthy man, that wayed over 500 lbs. when he passed. After that everything that someone around me had, I thought I had. I realized only after going to the ER thinking it was "the big one" that I was giving myself all the symptoms by thinking about it over and over again.

I also have 2 children that I have to chase after and a husband that does not understand that this illness isnt me being "lazy" and that this is a real sickness that I cant control or explain for that matter. He has called me everything you can think of & has told me that I was no kind of mother because I cant physically function outside of my home with my children as in regards to me not being able to drive, leave the yard etc.

I have yet to see a phyciatrist but my Dr. has prescribed me Xanax which seems to help when I am fearful, depressed or in a full blown attack. But every one is different, my mother did best with ativan, my cousin with valium. There is many things out there for people like us that will help with the attacks.

I suggest that you see a therapist and talk about your issues with them. Thats what they went to school for is to help people like use because they know that this is a real illness and not just something that we made up. They will understand all that you are going through and will be able to help you through it. If it takes a while to get in to see a Dr. than in the meantime, have a complete work up done by your primary, do blood work check for everything that they possibly can. It could give your mind some ease when the results come back.

Again, I am sorry if I have not been much help. This is the first post I have commented on and I am usure of how to do this.