New to change

Hello. I am new to this forum. I would like others' opinions about the process of changing behavior. I know that I need to change the frequency I go out to the bar and drink, but it is really hard. I am not sure if abstinence is the only option, but want other peoples' opinions. What do you think?

Hi Optimism, Welcome to SupportGroups.com . I read your other post also. Sounds like you may be outgrowing the bar scene and are looking for something more fulfilling in life. It is not an uncommon thing for a person to outgrow the bar scene and want something different with their life. What other things do you like to do? Make a lists of other things you would like to do with your life and in your life. Start with an easy one and do it. Maybe invite a friend along. Also do the same thing with your behavior - make a list of the things you would like to change about your behavior and work on one thing at a time. Take baby steps in making the change. By taking baby steps we can make the change in our lifestyle and behavior and can do it by taking it one day at a time. So for today, what would you like to do instead of hanging out at the bar? Keep coming and sharing with us. We are here for you. ((((hugs))))

Would be wise to stay out of the bar.

Bluid offered you some good advice & options to think about, am hopeful you'll consider it.

Take care of you.

April