New to group

I'm new to the group and have joined because I'm not sure where to begin at tackling my problem of binge eating and bulimia. I will scarf down food - even when I'm not hungry - and I'm not sure how to stop it. I've suffered from depression for years and have been fighting and feel hopeless.Would anyone be able to offerme adviceon where to start? Does OA work; are meetings really helpful? I don't know how to deal with all of this and don't want to be this way for the rest of my life. Thank you for any help you can offer.

i found that going to oa meetings triggered me because i cannot handle restrictions on food at all. it made me binge more. the only way i could stop (and am still recovering so I am not at all perfect) is to not binge and not purge. i know it sounds like a simple answer but when you feel like binging you have to stop and find what is starting the binge. it has taken me so much time to figure this out and like i said im not perfect. i think finding any kind of supportive enviornment that shows you how to find tools to keep yourself free from the ED (eating disorder) is helpful.
i would recommend professional help first and then getting support. be well