New to group

I am 25 years old. I suffer from Bulimia. I binge 1-2 times per week. I obsess about food, over exercise, vomit, and am constantly worried about gaining weight. My symptoms are out of control. I gained weight over the holiday and as a result my binging has become more severe. There is no middle. I am either doing great or doing awful. I wish there were a middle. Please do not judge me. I am trying. Thank you for your support.

Hey Knotty,

Welcome to the group. First, let me say that no one is going to judge you here. We are here to support and care for you when you are struggling and when you are doing great.

I am sorry there is no middle ground for you...I feel that way sometimes too. Are you seeing a therapist or a dietitian. They could help hold you accountable for your emotions and your b/p...at least a dietitian can give you a meal plan to follow to help you get out of the b/p cycle. Also, a therapist could help you regulate your emotions so you don't always feel either down or good. Just a thought.

Keep posting though, we are all here for ya.

Hugs,
Ashley

hi knotty

first welcome to support groups. next nobody here will ever judge you. we are caring people and we want what is best for you.

i can relate to where there is no middle. when i was first dx with bulimia it was either i binged/purged or did not. it was a struggle.

i agree with ashley though with are you seeing a therapist or a nutritionist. without mine i would not be where i am today

stay strong. there is light at the end of the tunnel

Hi Knotty1, welcome to support groups. You are not alone, a lot of us suffer from the same or similar symptoms that you described. It's a horrible disease and it slowly consumes you're entire life...
Have you ever sought the help of a ED professional?

Thank you for your responses. I have not seen a therapist for what I believe to be an eating disorder. I have been diagnosed in the past with ptsd and depression. I see a nutritionist bi monthly and that helps but only for a short while. I am not sure how to go about finding a therapist for this particular disorder. I am kind of ashamed to do so. Joining this group was the first step in admitting I have an issue and I hope I build up the courage to seek professional help. Do any of you have any advice as to what helps you get through the day? Thank you so much. Take care.

Really, what helps me get through the day is leaning on supports I have put into place on the site and here in person. This includes my therapist, dietitian, and friends. That is mainly what helps me...it is difficult to take the step to find a therapist...and it may be hard to find on that specializes in ED. However, you still really should look for one. Maybe even one that specializes in PTSD. That could be a start and if that therapist doesn't know how to handle you ED they can always refer you to someone cause they would know more about who in your town handles ED. Or, you can look online for support groups and therapists in your town.

Keep posting though we are all here for you!

~Ashley