New to the Group

Hi! My name is Jamie and I am in my early 30s. I have a binge eating problem and I usually compensate by reducing caloric intake and exercising a bunch to get me back down to my normal weight after a binge. My binge eating all started after a doctor told me my problems getting pregnant probably came from being underweight. That triggered some old issues of mine and off I went on a binge followed by feeling like a disgusting pig and then restricting food and then another binge. Well, you get the idea. Truth be told, I was too skinny due to not eating enough and over-exercising. So, I've basically had an eating disorder of one type or another since I was in college.

So, I am a normal weight now and I don't want to keep doing this to myself. Anyway, I'll keep it short, just wanted to introduce myself.

-Jamie

Welcome Jamie to support groups! I hope you find great support here! I joined a couple of months ago and I come here often. It's a great place to vent and to help others out. Everyone is so nice and sweet here! I hope this site helps you :) Take care of yourself! We are all here for you :)

~Olivia

Hi Jamie,
Welcome to the site :)
I'm 27 and have been struggling with B+P for about 2 yrs now. Its a vicious cycle of restricting, dieting, over exercising for weeks then a few days of uncontrollable binging. Ive been working on breaking the pattern of restricting and overexercising and finding a balance.

Hopefully we can share our struggles and experiences and be a help to each other.

<3 S

Thank you so much!

MamaS: That's my cycle too. Ugh! But it is possible to break it. So, together maybe we can just end it and feel normal about ourselves, food, etc. That would be so nice.

Hi Jamie ,
Welcome !!This site has helped me get through tough times ,I hope it will help you too ,we are all in the same boat and all wanting to be free of this!!!wishing you all the bestxxx

Hi I am new to this group, but i seriously need some help....I am struggling with binge eating for literally my whole life, or at least as long as I can remember....I am 50+ so that is a long...time!! I hear all of your stories and they are all so familiar...I am normal weight but only by exercising for hours at a time....I know that part is killing me. I want to be able to eat and not be obsessed with how much....I am either on the plan or totally off and bingeing!! Worst part is I am coach and am coaching others how NOT to do this...I understand it so well I am very successful for others but not myself!!! How do I get out of this I feel like I am on a hamster wheel and will never get off.....