New to this, but I'm under a lot of stress and lately I just

New to this, but I'm under a lot of stress and lately I just don't know how I feel. I've been smoking marijuana since 10th grade, but it was every now and then, where now almost 3 years later I'm smoking everyday...even if it's the slightest amount, just o get a high. Well anyways, my mom caught me almost 2 years ago for the first time and this past thanksgiving she caught me again...I'm 19 and she still treats me like I'm 13. It's constant though, she's caught me so many times since that first time and I'm tired of saying sorry for something I'm not really sorry for. I clearly keep doing it for a reason...but I'm scared to just leave my mom like that, she over reacts a lot and I know she cares but I'm 19! She should just accept it...now she took my car away and won't let me out of the house at all. Only to work, and back home. That's it. I want my freedom and all she's doing is pushing me away

1st question is, do you or you don't want to stop smoking marijuana?

I do but it's hard, I don't know where to start....I work around people who smoke and who always have it on them, my sister smokes, my friends smoke, it's literally everywhere and I can't seem to get away from it, I'm tired of being a disappointment to my mom but there really is nothing wrong with smoking weed. I feel like I'm a good daughter, I do what I'm told, im not lazy, I work for the money I have, I do a lot around the house, I'm doing good in school...like what else does she want from me? I'm A GOOD KID, but it's as if she only sees the bad in me (smoking weed).....and that's where I'm confused, what do I do?

1 Heart

maybe you need a change in enviroment

1 Heart

quite complicated. i don't have an addiction problem so can't comment on the marijuana addiction. as it sounds now, u need to make a choice between smoking and your mum. if you really want to quit then you need to dig deep down your heart and ask yourself how much u do love your mum. LET LOVE LEAD. i think the love for your mum should be the starting point...... and oh, mums are always gonna be mums.

1 Heart

Maybe I do, i have big plans for my future and I know smoking isn't gonna help. I just don't have people in my life who I can talk to openly about these things because they go straight to judging me and don't have the time to hear me out and motivate me to stop smoking and become a better version of myself

well you can always talk to me. ive never done any drugs of any kind. I like caffeine...4 shot lattes. anyway im here if you wanna talk for support. you can always private message me. I have a good ear

1 Heart

i think i do support what CK80211 wrote. a change in environment won't be bad. u really need that if u want to quit

1 Heart

Thank you for the advice, I reallyneeded to hear that! I need to start somewhere and I guess changing the people and environment around me will most definitely help me

1 Heart

people places and things.

1 Heart

You ever read up about the laws of attraction? like attracts like" which in New Thought philosophy is used to sum up the idea that by focusing on positive or negative thoughts a person brings positive or negative experiences into their life.

https://books.google.com/books?id=cSL61FZ2AjYC&printsec=frontcover&dq=the+laws+of+attraction&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiplo3V8rvJAhVCcj4KHY0bBKIQ6AEIKjAC#v=onepage&q=the%20laws%20of%20attraction&f=false

also...why are you living at home? if you don't like her rules...well your in college. Live on campus...live with your boyfriend, a friend...anyplace but home,

I will definitely have to check it out.
& yeah believe me when I say I've thought about just leaving one day, but that's not how my mom raised me. I can't just walk out. And I don't want her to think that I don't love her because I do, but sometimes I feel like we really do need some space/ time away from eachother

well that's the cycle of life. your not meant to stay at home after 18. Go live your life. No one said you cant come home to visit...eat and do laundry.

I fully agree. I just need to get it together

date a guy who doesn't smoke and make new friends. change your social circle your pretty there has to be someone you like who doesn't smoke

1 Heart

Thank you! I really will be taking your advice

1 Heart

btw what are you getting your degree in?

Criminal justice, I know...how ironic