Newly Diagnosed

I was just diagnosed with genital herpes today....I am still reeling from hearing those words on the other line of the phone from my doctors nurse. I feel as though this diagnosis was going to happen due to how the careless way that I was living....I guess I just never thought it was going to happen to me...every year I would get my pap and I would get tested and I was always ok....even when I went in to see my doctor last week due to some irritation I thought it was nothing serious and that I'd be ok....but then I got the call that will change my life forever. I'm really not sure what I am supposed to do....I've been looking online to see how I am supposed to live my life from now on....I know I'm supposed to have my partners wear a condom from now on to reduce the risk of spreading herpes to anyone else...but what else...I can never receive oral sex again? I can never have sex without a condom again? I'm supposed to schedule an appointment with my doctor soon to discuss my "treatment" plan but I wanted to get on here and see what I can find out cause I'll admit I'm freaking out a lil....so any advice or info anyone can give me will be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks

1 Heart

Well first, wearing a condom isn't 100 protection from transmitting the disease. When engaging in sex the best thing to do before hand is to tell your partner that you have herpes. And believe me, i know thats hard. Those words are what have prevented me from having sex since i have been diagnosed. There is a lifesyle change that should be taken, and my advice is daily vitamins (l-lyisne which is important, cranberry pills, vitamin c, etc.), exersize, eating healthy and staying CLEAN. Your doctor will give u a perscription to take (normally there all the same) and make sure and take that whenever you think your getting an outbreak. even if your not sure. Being healthy is the key to less break outs and shorter, calmer ones. As for oral, most likley not but that is all up to your partner. Theres alot to know about this stuff and it is very hard to deal with at times. I hope this helped. Good luck and ask if u want to know anything else.

Shock!!!! My friend who is living with Herpes told me a report from CNN said that the world's largest STD dating and support site STDslove. com which is powered by plenty of fish now has more than 1,100,000 members. Also, more than 80% of members on the site are good looking and sexy.

The report also indicated that STD rates soar worldwide and CDC had granted CSU $1.9M for HIV education to lower the rates of HIV transmission.

I just found out yesterday that i have this and i dont know if ive can help you at all but ive been told to take it day by day and go about things as you norm would dont think about sex as much and if you in pain as much as i am from an outbreak that will be easy to do it is enough to wish you werent alive but there are too many ppl in yours and my own life that love and care about you even if they dont know what it is you have we mean alot to them and they need us and we need them alot right now prob more then ever