Not entirely sure what this is, but I’m looking for someon

Not entirely sure what this is, but I’m looking for someone who can relate to me right now. I’ve been on Paxil for 2 years and decided to quit. I weened off as my doctor directed and I am not completely off of the medication. My withdrawal symptoms are horrible. I am on the verge of tears 24/7. I can literally feel tears building up in my eyes all day for no reason and stupid little things make me absolutely break down. I am getting weird shocks in my brain like my brain is buzzing. I am so angry about literally everything. I feel like I’m going insane. Every time I eat I feel sick. I’m always overheating. I’m just not okay and I don’t know how I am supposed to make it through this. I just want to start taking Paxil again so I can be okay, but I don’t want to let the drug win.

2 Hearts

How long has it been since you started to ween off of it? You probably should call your Dr office soon as possible to see if you can take an anxiety med or something while you ween off. I weened off of it years ago but I started another antidepressant so I was ok. I know with Paxil it needs to be very slow, so maybe it's too fast for you? Paxil is a horrible drug to come off of or to even miss a few days because you will feel like you need to go to the nut house. If it's night time where you live maybe you could call a pharmacist like walgreens and explain your situation see if they could recommend what to do until you can call your Dr office. If it was me I would go ahead and take a whole one or another half of one until you can talk to the nurse or your Dr. I was on it for several years.

@Littleturtle1000 my doctor told me to cut it in half for a week, than cut the half in half for a week, then take the 1/4th every other day for a week, and then stop. That’s what I did and I took my last 1/4th last Thursday so it has almost been a week. I thought that thing would have started to ease up by now, but it seems like they are only getting worse. I’m aware of all the withdrawal symptoms so I know this is normal, but damn this sucks. I just want to be free from it already.

Do you think there are any mild over the counter meds that could get me through it? Or even natural remedies?