Nutritionist or Dietitian

Many people who are in recovery from an eating disorder have either a nutritionist or a dietitian on their 'treatment' team.
Is there a difference between the two? And if so, what is it?
I truly do not know the specific differences, but I have heard 'through the grapevine' of ED professionals, that it's important to see a dietitian, because they are more educated on the specifics of the physiology of our bodies.
From my point of view, the most important thing is that this person have experience with treating people who suffer from eating disorders, and that they have references verifying that.
I have heard some pretty irrational and unbelievable accounts of things that people have been told by a so-called professional in this field.
What are YOUR experiences? Thoughts?

--Jan ♥

Some years ago, when I was still feeling in control of my ED, I considered becoming a nutritionist. When I researched the differences, and it's been a long time since I did so, it sounded like ANYone could choose to call themselves a nutritionist, but only people that had met specific criteria could be called a dietitian. Therefore, a nutritionist COULD be a well educated professional with specific related experience, BUT could also be a person that is uninformed and even dangerous to sufferers of eating disorders... I see a nutritionist and have a great deal of respect for her. :) She came with the clinic I'm in. But I think the title dietitian conveys a certain amount of schooling and credentials that one may or may not receive with a nutritionist. Anyway, that was my understanding... :)

Thanks for this! Love you!

Jen

Thank YOU...I'm interested in what everyone has to say!!
Love you too....miss you ♥