Oh brother

my brother has been an alcoholic for a long time. he is nine years older than me and has been to rehab multiple times. he relapses quite often and makes mistakes very often. his latest awesome act of brotherly love was making me cry on easter. he was not even under the influence when he did it either. my mother and father both know that he does not need to be drunk to be an *** to everyone around him. at this point after all i have done for him i dont know what to do. do i try and talk to him or just wait for him to contact me.

Hi Asthenophobia, I am sorry to hear about your brother. Is he still drinking? When he has gone to rehab, did he follow up with going to AA meetings? Have you ever been to Alanon http://www.al-anon.alateen.org/ ? Maybe check them out for yourself for help with dealing with your brother. If he is still drinking, then he will need to be willing to help himself. Alot of people prayer for me for many years. Their prayers were finally answered. I will pray for you and your brother. Keep us posted on how you are doing. We are here for you. ((((hugs))))