Ok, one more. I'm leaving for work early this morning, and s

Ok, one more. I'm leaving for work early this morning, and so maybe that's not a bad thing. Every day I'll try to get better. I feel alone, and though I've been married for going on 9 years, I still feel alone a lot of the time. I try to keep this from everyone because I feel like it's my issue; I need to be the one to deal with it. Maybe that's the way it should be- because ultimately I feel like I'm the only person who can make or break me.

Do you feel like you wouldn't get support from your wife or any family even if you did open up to them?

She has her own stuff to deal with- she works and has some health concerns. Nothing major, but I just kind of automatically assume she needs my support. But they do try. A big part of it is that I feel like a burden if I do really bring it out in the open

@Chips78 I just happen to see your reply. I didn’t get notification because you need to tap on the word (Reply) in the lower left corner of the other person’s text box before replying to them, that way they will see a red circle on the Nell shape up in the green bar at the top of your page letting them know someone replied.

1-800-799-7233
National hotline for domestic violence....call and talk to someone....please. There is help out there. God be with you.

Hi Chips78,
I hope you don't mind my intrusion but what is it that is making you feel alone? Is it lack of friend to confide in or you and your wife have no time for one another or life seems pointless or anything else? You do not need to answer but for some people it is hard to pinpoint what it really is while for others they know outright. Have you considered going to a counselor even if just to find out what is causing this feeling? If a professional is out of the question or costly, try going to a nearby church and talk to a pastor. I have sought the help of pastors and it was worth it for me.

Hey chips, seltzer has some good suggestions. I want to encourage you with the idea that you are entitled to your feelings and I bet your wife would like to help if she knew you were hurting even a little. Being strong and being vulnerable can coexist. Prayers bro.

Thanks for the support, everyone! I think a big part of it is that we're both working, half the time I'm on the road and then I feel like I don't want to be a burden. So probably a good deal of it is me. But yes, socializing is a little difficult, both because of my schedule, and because depression is something I've been dealing with for so long. I'll start looking for professional help soon though, after my health insurance kicks in at this job. But thanks again, I really do appreciate the support. And failing all else, I'll still be here.

Start doing small nice things for your partner, not expecting anything on return. Keep this up, no matter what happens in tge moment. Do not throw this in partners face ever! Take out the trash, take the kids for an hour, clear the table, wash dishes one day, vacuum one day, get a babysitter, take her on dates. These are only ideas for you. You may see partners attitude change. You may fall in love again. :heart: