One Month ED behavior free Life changes

Hey SupportGroups family. I have missed all of you dearly! I read up on all of your posts and pray for all of you regularly.

Just an update on how I am doing. It has been a little over a month since I have purged, taken laxatives or diet pills, or even fasting. It hasn't been easy. My body is still adjusting and having a hard time with it. My weight is up and my stomach and digestive system is having a majorly hard time, but I am working on it!

I was recently looking for a second job but today I decided to resign from my current job. I don't believe that it is where God wants me at right now. I am not getting enough money and it is too stressful for no pay. I love my residents and I will miss them more than anything, but I need to do what is best for what God wants for me right now. I am moving in with my sister rent free and taking care of my nephew so she doesn't have to pay for daycare. She is struggling to pay so much for daycare and it will help her so much if I move in and take care of her baby. So even though my budget will be tighter, I will be helping my sister alot. I will have more time with God and my family and my boyfriend. And I will be able to focus more on recovery, which is a very important thing.

Even though I haven't engaged in ED behaviors, I feel like I don't know how to eat...as crazy as that sounds. I am having to reteach myself how to feed and it's strange and difficult. But I am not going back!

I am working towards raising money to spend the summer at a ministry school in Africa and finishing school when I get back...getting married...living life, and truely LIVING. Things aren't easy but I'm fighting my little heart out!!

Thinking of you all and praying for you! God bless!

*Kasee*

Thanks for the update Kasee! I am happy for you that you have been given the strength to fight this ED! I think you are making some important and great decisions to take care of yourself..just don't rush things. Learning to eat as you need to again is hard and takes time. That's when a meal plan becomes helpful. Perhaps preparing yourself an eating schedule would decrease some of the anxiety of choosing what to eat 'in the moment'?
Take care of yourself, and please know you are in my prayers!! HUGS..Jan ♥

Kassee

SO happy to hear that your FIGHTING this and you are not going back ..sounds like your makeing some big decisions and takeing many steps forward. LIVE your LIFe and your DREAMS Kassee♥..

sending you love♥

Thinking of you, friend! ♥ Glad to hear things are going well. :)

Love,

Jen

WOW kassee this is amazing and just awesome!!!!!! ive been thinking of you!!! and so happy God turned this around for you! He sure has for me!!!!!!!once you let God take over---your life is in His hands and you end up blessed---and so much much better... We are His and not the worlds ....

im so excited for you ! you are doing great! and i pray you can go to Africa!!!!!!!

good luck to you!!!!!!

love and hugz
maureen

Kasee!

You are amazing and an inspiration. I am so proud of you!!! And you are going to finally live out your dreams!

Thinking of you

allee

Kassee; So good to hear from you and I am thrilled that with God's help you have come so far!!! I know how much you love that nephew of yours, and I can't help but think God has put you in a situation where you can help your sister out and also get to spend time with the little guy! Wonderful news and as always, you are in my thoughts and prayers

Congratulations! This is huge, Kassee! I'm very happy for you. :-)

I'm glad you're relying on God and trying to listen to His plans for you; that's such an important thing, and yet so easy to overlook sometimes, it seems. Way to step out in faith!

I'm also glad that you're taking care of yourself and making such huge strides in your recovery. I know this isn't easy, but you're one tough cookie and I'm sure you can do this! Hang in there, and keep fighting!

Vero

P.S. No, it doesn't sound crazy to say you feel like you're relearning to eat; I feel that way, too!

Way to go Kasee!!!! I hope things work out for you. I love the idea of going to Africa for mission type work. I have thought about doing it myself at some point in my life.
Keep up the fight friend.
Shana

Thanks so much to everyone for all the support and encouragement. I feel like you are all my cheerleaders and it gives me such a big push! :)

I resigned from my job and just moved in with my sister yesterday. It's a big leap and I'm scared, but I really feel like it's what God is wanting me to do and I am just trusting in Him.

I have been struggling a lot lately about my body's way of reacting to this recovery thing. I have still had crazy stomach pains, chest pains, heartburn...things like that. I think my body is in shock and not sure what to do lol

I'm also having a hard time with the weight gain, though my therapist says it will even out once my body gets more accustomed to the recovery. I think that a meal plan would be a good thing, because I'm either eating not nearly enough or way way too much. I can't find a happy medium and what I'm "supposed" to be eating. The problem is that I don't see a nutritionist or anything, so I don't really even know where to start to do a meal plan or get one together. But I'm fighting....fighting my heart out, but I won't stop fighting. Struggling? Maybe...but I won't listen to the ED voice...that is still there, but I won't listen to it.

Congratulation on your recovery! Check with your local hospital. They usually have a resident dietician that will meet with you for free to teach you what to eat and set up a healthy meal plan for you. Good luck, you’re doing great!

Hi Kassee!
Congratulations on fighting back so strongly. It's a huge achievement and just proves how strong you are.

If you ever need any advice on healthy eating please let me know. I know it sounds weird coming from someone with Bulimia but being a Personal Trainer I theoretically know what's good for you (I wish I could apply it to myself!).

So just email me anytime!

All the best!
Maedi

it really does take time to fidn that happy medium--an ED deitician might help you--as well as a meal plan.

but kasee you are doing awesome!!!!!

keep praying and keep positive!

love
maureen

Hey HI. I am so happy to hear this. our conversations have been few and far between but hearing that you on this path is AMAZING! it seems like we have both taken the steps necessary to move forward and get better. Funny how we both struggled so hard for so long and supported one another so hard and we still struggled so hard, and now even though we do not speak often ( i of course think of you daily, you are my angel) we have started this road together. I love you and look forward to reading about your recovery, love.