Onset of Depression

I have always battled depression and have recently been feeling very emotionally, spiritually and physically exhausted - so I feel like I am in for my 2nd major bout of depression. My first was in 1999 - apparently from a drug induced depression.

I am just looking for support I suppose. I always feel so guilty and ashamed during times like this. I feel over-tired and do not feel like I want to get up from the couch. I have made mistakes that have put me into this position but hope I can get help and start walking the road to recovery.

I am thankful for this website.

welcome rolling stone

im so glad u are here posting about that old devil depression,
first things first lets get the boring and practical out of the way......have u seen the doctor to get appropriate meds and set up consuling to discuss the nitty gritty of it all

ok so what caused this bout of depression do u think?

hoping to hear from u again soon

as always

loving thoughts and positive vibes

Hi rolling stone do you have a job or hobbies to keep your mind active and busy?

Depression is not a fun thing to deal with. I've also been dealing with it my entire life and it doesn't really get any easier. You just pray there's more time between the major bouts. 2 days ago, had someone said "keep your chin up" to me in person, I might've slapped them. But at this point, I feel the need to say it to you.
Even earlier this week, I spent days not wanting to get out of bed and hardly did and it was a mistake. It wasn't until I actually *forced* myself to get up and accomplish something that I felt a little better. And conversation with the person I care most about helped immensely.
Try talking to someone that's there for you (someone you know in your everyday life) and see if they can lift your spirits. Just unloading what's bothering you onto their laps can be a relief, even if only temporarily. If that's not an option, keep posting on here and maybe getting things off your chest in that way will help. It seems to have helped me a bit... makes me want to call it a thog (therapy log).

Hi Rollingstone, Welcome to SupportGroups.com. I hope you are doing better today. If you haven't done this yet, then I suggest seeing your doctor and/or counselor. No need to suffer anymore than you have to. As soon as I feel a bout of depression coming on I go see my doctor. Keep hanging in there and sharing with us. We are here for you. ((((hugs))))

Hey Rollingstone, I'd just like to echo buiidkiti's sentiments, and say, go see a doctor and/or counselor. As someone who has fought this battle on and off for over 30 years, I will say to you that you don't have suffer like this indefinitely...there is help out there. Take care!

Hey rollingstone hows things talk soon take care of you ok.